Dash cams offer the best protection and security for your vehicle. Operating as an onboard CCTV, you can capture every journey, potential collision and give yourself peace of mind as you drive, no matter what the distance.
Whether you want simple video capture or all the safety features packed into one small device, there really is something for everyone. From offering bonus driver assistance to emergency response systems, driving has never been safer. The specialists at Click4Reg highly recommend investing in a high-quality dash cam as it’s evidence at your fingertips. In particular, when it comes to watching footage back, you’ll be able to pick up on key information, such as registration plates of witnesses, road names, signs, etc. It’s important to take the necessary precautions when on the road, and dash cams are the place to start.
Not quite sure where to start? Here are our top 5 best dash cams to buy in 2021:
ORSKEY CameraCore S800 Dash Cam
Offering incredible crystal clear 1080P HD video and comparable with other leading brands in terms of build and quality, the ORSKEY is one of the best dash cams available.
With the full HD front camera that operates at 30 FPS, you’ll get smooth footage and transition between frames. Paired with the VGA quality back camera, you can record all your journeys all from the palm of your hand.
The feature that shines the most for us is the innovative Emergency Recording feature that kicks into action if you have an unexpected incident on the road.
What’s more, you’d be hardpressed to find a comparable device for the price tag.
- Perfect pricing point with the exceptional front and back cameras included
- Front camera is full HD at 30FPS and VGA quality back camera
- Decent night vision
- SD card support up to 32GB
- Timestamp across all videos and photos
- 170° Super Wide Angle
- Built-In G-sensor and parking monitor
- Easy navigation and simple operation
- Rear camera video quality not as sharp as front camera
- No smartphone/iPhone connectivity
- SD card must be removed to upload data to computer
ORSKEY CameraCore S680 Dash Cam
Unsurprisingly, ORSKEY’s S680 model has become one of the most sought after dash cams on the market. Not unlike the S800, this camera pulls out all the stops with its super clear and smooth video and easy setup.
Whether you are driving throughout the day or night, the S680’s cutting-edge Sony sensor works alongside a High Dynamic Range to give you the highest quality footage regardless of light.
Matched with the super large LCD display and 170° wide-angle front camera, all your blind spots are easily covered to ensure your safety on the road. Plus, the included G-sensor works automatically as soon as a collision or impact is detected.
- Superior build quality and easy setup
- Crystal clear and smooth recordings
- Timestamps on both video and photos
- 170° Super Wide Angle
- Built-In G-sensor and parking monitor
- Seamless loop recording
- Number plate capture can suffer in quality
- Best to keep dash cam plugged in as battery life is short
Claoner Dual Dash Cam Front and Rear
Capturing number plates during or after a collision is one of the most important features for most drivers, and the Claoner does it well. Featuring a front and back dash cam to record every mile of your journey, you can rely on the Claoner’s precise detail and 1080P HD recordings.
Nighttime recordings are crystal clear too! Combining WDR and HDR technology, you can expect clear videos with artistic qualities even in low-light situations. The innovative minds at Claoner didn’t stop there. The rear camera is waterproof and features 4 LED lights that allow you to see and film everything in the proximity of your vehicle and beyond, even at night.
Safe to say, we like the Claoner.
- High-quality front and rear cameras giving you crystal clear images day and night
- Innovative waterproof rear camera that functions well in low-light well
- No distractions for the driver with compact design
- G Sensor and Emergency Lock that autosaves and locks the current video
- 24hrs parking monitor includes motion detection and parking monitoring
- Features loop recording for easy footage management
- Short cable for rear camera setup
- Updates to the manual instruction would aid ease of use
APEMAN Cube Front and Rear Dash Cam C420D
Lightweight, compact and bursting with some of the best built-in features around, the C420D provides outstanding performance regardless of the light conditions. What’s more, this small gem can operate in extreme temperatures and weather conditions and still capture crystal clear video.
You can relive your scenic views and pause to check out a number plate and stay safe in the knowledge that your dash cam is continuously recording as you drive with its loop recording system. Plus, you can find older footage more easily with the large storage capacity – up to 128GB. Perfect for your busier weeks in the driving seat.
- Full 1080P HD front and rear camera for sharp, crystal clear images
- Can withstand temperatures from -10°C to 60°C come rain or shine
- Weatherproof rear camera for extra protection
- Large storage capacity – can hold up to 128GB Micro SD card
- Included 32GB SD card as standard
- Easy and discreet installation
- User friendly and easy to operate
- Motion detection
- Need to remember to delete old footage to avoid storage issues
- Does not auto record from a computer
IIWEY DC01 Dual Dash Cam with 32GB U3 SD Card
Innovative, bursting with tech and certainly not going to break the bank, Ilwey has created a fantastic gadget in the DCO1. With front and back cameras, you get double protection and more scope for your on-the-go recordings.
Everything is recorded in super sharp Full 1080P HD using the 170° ultra-wide-angle all-glass lens. So you get 6 lane coverage with minimal distortion. Paired with a combination of HDR tech and a SONY sensor which ensures clarity of images day or night, you get a lot of bang for your buck with this one.
- High quality Full 1080P HD front and back
- Advanced HDR tech included – Motion sensors, gravity sensors, 24hr parking, and more
- A broad field of view with innovative 170° ultra-wide-angle all-glass lens
- Super quality despite low-light levels
- Watch videos in real-time with a 3” LCD monitor
- Comes with a 32GB MicroSD card
- User-friendly and easy installation
- Must remember to reformat SD card
- Audio can suffer in harsh driving conditions
Whatever you want from your dash cam in 2021, capturing all the action while driving is all part of the experience. What will your next dash cam purchase be?